I was informed a week ago that I was nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by fellow “tweep” and blogger Shaun Byrne. You ALL should do yourselves a favor and follow his blog runnerscommunity.blogspot.com. It is very inspirational and motivational. He’s just a very interesting guy period. So THANK YOU Shaun for nominating me. I am humbled. (Rule #1)
Adding this logo to post (Rule #2)
Share 7 things about yourself (Rule #3) Now this could get hysterical, ugly, or down right boring! Alas, I will make an attempt, so here goes:
1. I have 3 grown kids-2 boys & a girl ages 29, 25, & 19…in that order. One was born on the West Coast, one on the East Coast, and one in the Midwest (in that order). Both boys had birth injuries. The oldest had a fractured collar bone and the younger son had torticollis. I had to perform physical therapy on him for 6 months to help correct it. I would lay him on the kitchen counter and stretch his neck two times a day. It was brutal- he screamed and I cried, but he is perfect. My daughter had a two vessel umbilical cord which usually indicates birth defects. She was also breech (all the time I thought I was patting her little butt in utero, I was actually smacking her head)! I had to have a C-section. That cord thing…she’s perfect too.
2. I wanted to be a nurse since I was 5 years old.I was a Certified Nursing Assistant and a Certified Med Tech in the 80s. I became an LPN at the age of 40 (after all the kids, etc). I graduated Summa cum laude from that program. I became an RN (Associate’s degree) at the age of 42 and graduated Magna cum laude. I finished my Bachelor’s degree in nursing last May at the age of 49 with honors. I hope to never have to write a paper in APA format ever again!
3. I can play the flute & read music. I love music. It is the universal language. One of the greatest pleasures of life.
4. I love to read and will read several books simultaneously (you know, just like in school). The Library and Barnes & Noble are like Disney World to me. I also taught my youngest son to read.
5. I love dogs and despise…wait LOATHE, irresponsible pet owners. Pets should be treated like family members. If you aren’t willing to take care of them for life, don’t get one. If you do want to make the commitment, PLEASE get a rescue. The shelters are full.
6. James Madison is in my family lineage on my paternal side. I started researching the genealogy a few years back but quit. I need to get back at it.
7. (Whew, last one)! I became a runner at the age of 43-but you already knew that if you read my last blog. I am in the best shape of my life. It truly is the fountain of youth. It has become as much a part of my life as brushing my teeth. I don’t really even think about it too much, I just do it.
So that sums that up. Rule #4 is to nominate a list of bloggers that inspire me. Somewhere I read online that it was suppose to be 15. Well, that’s just not going to happen. I did come up with 5 though, in no particular order:
Yes, they all have a lot to do with running but that is what I like to read about most. We’re all on this journey together!
There you go. Be sure to check them out would ya?